Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31st - Hair today, gone tomorrow

Well I did it, I shaved my head. I probably could have waited a bit, the hair loss I was experiencing was minimal, but I am sick of having no control any more and this is mine to control! So I did it! Head's kinda cold now though, maybe I should move south, could I write it off as a medical expense? : ) I have a wig, it looks nice. I guess I am confusing some people at work who didn't know about the cancer, because I went from long hair to short and back to long again in the last month. Wait until I pull out the pink wig! I'm going all out "Lady GaGa"!
(Disclaimer: For the older generation reading this, Lady GaGa is a very eccentric pop star who is know for her crazy outfits and wigs. See below)

Anyway nothing else exciting to report on the medical side of things. I did go in for blood work on Thursday. My counts were all low, but they didn't seem too concerned. I guess they were still in the "Normal for chemo" range and I didn't ask for specific numbers, I really don't need another thing to google and obsess over at this point.

Good news is, side effects from the first round of chemo seem to be lessening. Even the nausea is getting better. Still much more tired then normal though. But looks like I may be getting a little bit of a "break" before my next chemo on Friday.




(Lady Gaga, where do I get that bow wig?!)

1 comment:

  1. Okay - I hope you're not referring to me as the other generation - not only do I love Lady Gaga, I am a Jersey Shore fanatic - helps having teenage girls!!

    I shaved my head too - even though I could've waited - but you're right - I needed control too. And I just couldn't wait. Hope we didn't make a mistake - oh well. Can't go to Gilda's next week - daughter has a concert....how about you?

    ReplyDelete