Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11th - beginning of a very long week

Lots of pain in the chest tonight so I decided to blog about my day to get my mind off it.

Had chemo class bright and early this morning at the oncologist's office. Me and a bunch of grumpy older folks who were shouting at the tv cause they couldn't hear the instructional video. Then there was the guy who smelled like he just smoked a whole pack of cigarettes on his way in. Come to find out, he has lung cancer and is about to begin chemo to try to beat it. Why bother with the chemo if you aren't going to quit? Maybe I am being too judgemental, but I am an ex-smoker and I can't imagine a better reason to quit then to try and save your life. After the class, I met with the nurse and she answered some questions and gave me a pile of scripts to fill. 3 for nausea! The first one as a preventative, second one for when that doesn't work, and the third for when you can't stop puking. Sounds like a blast! : )

After chemo class, I had my PFT (lung test). That was excruciating! The pain in my chest was awful while I was doing the test, but the tech said I did really well and everything looked good.

I made it to work by noon and I was so happy to be there! Sometimes I just need to forget all this stupid cancer stuff and go back to my normal life. In fact I really didn't want to leave at 5.

After work I went to get my prescriptions filled and found out that the most important one is going to cost me $10 a pill! That's just my copay, the pill is around $600 without insurance! I really don't know how these drug company CEO's sleep at night!

Really nervous about the PET Scan on Wednesday and the Port Placement surgery on Thursday. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. WELL I FINALLY FIGURED OUT THAT I CAN WRITE ON THIS THING..OH BOY YOU GOT A LOT TO TEACH YOUR OLD AUNT KELLY.THESE COMPUTERS DRIVE ME CRAZY.I KNOW THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE EASY FOR YOU BUT I AM CONVINCED THAT YOU WILL HANDLE IT ALL VERY WELL.. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU MY BEAUTIFUL NEICE. I THINK YOUR WRITING IS A WONDERFUL IDEA.. I LOVE YOU LOTS, AUNT K

    ReplyDelete