Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1st 2010 - New Year?

Happy New Year... I guess...

So far for the last 3 years each New Year's Eve I have said "Wow, thank God that year is finally over". Because unfortunately this struggle that I am going through now is not the first major hurdle in my relatively short life.

I lost my father to a very rare, extremely debilitating disease in 2008. He suffered for a long time both physically and emotionally before he passed away and I had spent a lot of time caring for him. Of course I did so lovingly and I am glad I had the time with him that I did.

A few short months after loosing him, I was hit by a car while walking down the street and suffered damage to my right shoulder. I was extremely lucky that I only took it in the shoulder. But after 8 months of physical therapy with no improvement, I finally had surgery on it to correct the damage and to this day it is not 100 percent. Most of what I experience now is weakness in it. The pain is gone for the most part. The only time I really have any pain is when I am stressed. So needless to say, in the last week it's been a little achy. And my neck hurts too from the biopsy, but I'll quit my complaining now!

So...Happy New Decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment