Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18th - 2b or not 2b...

Anxious tonight. Big day tomorrow. I have completed all of the "tasks" necessary to begin my chemo. Funny thing is each procedure got worse as the week went on, maybe they plan it that way cause they know you would probably head for the hills if they did the very worse first. My port placement on Thursday was very difficult both physically and emotionally. The pain was much worse then from the biospy and it is only today starting to feel better. Emotionally, I feel like having this stupid port in my chest is just further proof that I am sick. It is on the opposite side from my biospy site so my upper chest looks like it has been carved up like a Thanksgiving turkey. Good thing scarves are back in.

Tomorrow is my bone marrow test and my meeting with my oncologist to get the results of all of last weeks tests (most importantly, the results from the PET scan). Everything hinges on that. My diagnosis of being stage 2b is only vaild if the PET scan shows no further spread of the lymphoma. Very anxious about the bone marrow test, I have heard everything from "it's okay" to "it's worse then childbirth". But at least I know it will be the last of the invasive tests that I will have to go through. After all this, chemo should be a walk in the park. : )

I also found out that my first round of chemo will be on Wednesday! I am looking forward to getting going on my treatment, the sooner I begin, the sooner it will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment