Monday, January 25, 2010

January 25th - Can't sleep

Ok, it is 5 am and I have been officially clock watching since 3. So I might as well blog.

These side effects are really starting to get to me. I think I was more tolerant of them at the beginning, but they have a cumulative effect on you. It's like, ok, little nausea, check. Little heartburn, check. Jaw pain, check. Little headache, check. Fatigue, check. Then...BOOM not the chest pain too!!!

And on top of all of this, all you want to do is sleep. In fact I feel like a moody 2 year old most of the time. The only time I really feel good and rested is when I am first waking up from a nap and then I feel like I desperately need another one 2-3 hours later.

4 comments:

  1. Met you at the support group meeting - and I love your blog. Great news on your scan....how about every weird thing that chemo does to your body? you just gotta laugh cos no-one would believe this crap...did your pain subside? I've had 2 chemos and similar to you - just want to get them going...the slowest month of my life has been January......been thinking of you since I met you....Kathleen (you kow, the only woman that cried at the meeting.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathleen! I remember you, you have non-hodgkin's right? But I don't remember you crying, maybe cause I was teary eyed myself? I have been thinking of you too!

    I know the side effects are so bizarre, pain is subsiding from the cancer anyway.

    I feel the same way about January! Let's put this behind us!

    Are you going to any more meetings at Gilda's soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to go to the next one - is it the second Tuesday or Wed. of the month? It definately made me feel less alone - my hsuband and I were both very inspired by you! But - I'm not bringing him again...love em, but no need to bring him;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The group we met at is the 2nd Wednesday, but if you want support more often, I recommend becoming a member of Gilda's. There is a general wellness support group that meets there evey Tuesday. They also have a support group for family members that your husband might like. I love it at Gilda's, the atmosphere is so positive and I have met so many amazing people.

    ReplyDelete