Saturday, February 6, 2010

February 5th - Chemo two I hardly knew you?

Chemo two so far has been very different then chemo one. I was told that your body would act simalarly to each chemo, given that the same drugs are used and what ever reaction you had to them would be the same. Appearently not true in my case. Either that or they made some mistake and gave me someone elses chemo.

It was different from the start. Fortunately I sailed right through the actual process with no side effects other then the general drowsiness caused by the benadryl that they give you. Then I came home and I was wide awake. I didn't sleep for hours and hours like the last chemo day.

That's where the good differences end and the bad ones began. In the afternoon, I started to develop severe lower back. The only way I can describe it is like the pain you have in your back from menstrual cramps only much worse (sorry guys, I know I lost you on that analogy). I was hunched over and could hardly walk. I had to take pain pills to get it to subside which finally put me to sleep, thank God.

I also am having insomnia. I never knew before chemo that it was possible to have fatigue and insomnia at the same time. Basically, you are exhausted and run down, but sleep never comes. That's why I am sitting here blogging at 2:30 am instead of getting some shut-eye. I took more benadryl so hopefully that will kick in and I will be headed to Zzzz land in no time.

I am also worried that I may be catching the bug that my 11 year old has had for the past week. He has had a sore throat, stuffy nose and fever for days now. I have a sore throat and runny nose. Thankfully no fever. We will see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment