Wednesday, February 24, 2010

February 24th - Wow am I ever tired!

After the little delay from my white blood cells not behaving, I had my chemo on Monday. Followed by the Neulasta shot yesterday. They both were very uneventful, but I feel exhausted. I probably slept 20 of the last 24 hours and I am still exhausted. I think the flu like symptoms I seem to get after every chemo have been made slightly worse from the Neulasta, but who knows, that could just be in my head.

I'm hoping to be able to get to work for at least partial days by the end of this week. Believe it or not, I miss my work, sitting at home staring at the walls with no energy to get up off the couch is not very much fun.

For those of you who aren't aware, a woman I know through Gilda's, is running in a marathon for LLS in June and has made me one of her honored patients! Her name is Angelique and she is a Lymphoma survivor as well. I can see where she gets her name from, she has been like an angel to me. She has been giving me advice and piece of mind since before I began chemo. She managed to stay positive though out her fight with cancer and she is truly an inspiration to me.

I know I have mentioned before how much I love the Gilda's Club as a whole, but I can't stress enough how wonderful of a program it is and how supportive the other members are. I know some people who have been reading my blog are not members yet and I really have to say you won't regret it if you decide to join. It's free, so what do you have to loose? I really don't know how I would make it through this without Gilda's.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you were able to receive your chemo and Neulasta shot. I kept checking this blog and was going to call if I didn't see an entry soon. My WBC's skyrocketed after the Neulasta shot which helped them not drop after the next few treatments. I hope you have as much success with it.

    Rest as much as possible. This is a good excuse to be lazy and sleep in. Listen to your body and rest up as it gets rid of the cancer. I know you have to work a little for peice of mind. I took up knitting because I still had to do something with my hands while resting on the couch. I had to give it up because I was so terrible at it. Workiing also makes you feel productive but don't overdo it.

    I agree with you about Gilda's Club. It really helps to talk to others who are going through the same things. I am glad it helps. Hang in there. Your doing great!

    Angelique

    ReplyDelete