Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sept 9th - MICE day one and update on treatment plan

Well I survived the first day. The chemo itself went pretty easy. Only side effect I had while it was being administered was a strange tingly sensation on my skin but it only lasted about 15 minutes. Having really bad heartburn and lower back pain now though. But oddly enough, I am not sick to my stomach!

Tomorrow might prove to be more of a challenge however. Today I only got the "E" in the group of drugs. Tomorrow I get all of them and one is administered over 24 hours! Kinda nervous about that one! Hopefully everything goes smoothly. I have a private room here and the nurses are great (that may or may not have something to do with my step-sister working on the floor). It helps to know people sometimes. : )

Big update though to share with you. We have a change in plans. I will now be getting my second course of chemo, all my radiation as well my transplant. They really feel that it should all be done there. Logistically, it may provide some obstacles, but everything will work out in the end. It always does some how. My next cycle of chemo will begin 9/28 at Sloan-Kettering and immediately after I will be there outpatient "harvesting" stem cells, that takes about a week. Then I will begin radiation there 2x a day for about two weeks. After that I will immediately start the transplant.

2 comments:

  1. Jess, I'm praying and believing God is going to do a mighty healing with these treatments at Sloan. He will work out the logistics too. Hang in there girl. Remember: Faith, Hope and Love............ By the way, I think that is going to be my tattoo. Now I just have to figure out where :) Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess,
    You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad that the plan has changed and it now seems so much better for you. If there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask me (picking up Reilly or rides to Sloan-Kettering). Keep positive, keep strong...
    Cathy P.

    ReplyDelete