Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sept 28th - My time in NYC so far

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. I have been talking about and thinking about cancer so much lately, the last thing I want to do is write about it.

I have been very tired the last few weeks and this MICE chemo regimen is definately harder then the AVBD was on me.

I came down to NYC to Memorial Sloan-Kettering yesterday for an appointment with the stem cell transplant doctor. Our meeting went well and he pretty much laid out the process for me. Nothing he said was too much of a surprise to me.

I do have to have a cathater placed in my vien by my clavicle. Which was supposed to be done in the OR today before my chemo started. However there was a "miscommunication" and after fasting all day and just sitting in the hospital they canceled it for today. It is now 7:30 pm and all I've had to eat all day was half a pancake at 8 am. So I am tired, starving and they haven't even started any chemo yet.

The good news however, is that there was a shortage of space on the Lymphoma floor here so they had to put me up in a private suite. I have never seen such a beautiful hospital room/floor in my life. It looks like a 5 star hotel. If it wasn't for the hospital bed you would never know the difference. I have a flat screen with a DVD player and 2 BOSE stereos in the room. Marble floors and counter tops. There's a big window by my bed that looks over the river. I also have a fully stocked mini bar (free of course). There are 3 security doors to get to my room and a private elevator. The staff here told me this is where the celebrities stay in the hospital! So if you have to suffer through chemo, it might as well be in a nice place.

The nurse just came in to start my chemo and hopefully everything else will go without a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment