Friday, September 10, 2010

Sept 10th - MICE day 2

Today was the day I was dreading the most. Three chemos all at once, the one lasting 24 hours. I still have 18:30 left on that one and I am already sick :(

Good part is, I have tolerated (of course I use that term loosely) all of the drugs with no serious side effects which means I should be able to handle the treatment plan. As horrible as it is, I will make it through.

I'm really nausous and I can't even look at food. They have given me all the antinausea drugs they can so I just have to wait it out.

The other unfortunate side effect is I can't sleep from all the steriods they are giving me. I'm exhausted, but can't fall asleep. I slept three hours Weds night and literally an hour and a half last night. I was so jacked up on the steriods I was rearraging the furniture in my hospital room at 3 am. I am going to try negotiate with the dr to lessen the steriods when I see her during rounds tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jess. Steroids can definitely do that. Now I know why some athletes take them. I hope your doctor agrees. You definitely need to sleep. That's good medicine too. Thinking and praying for you all the way. Annie T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica,

    I know the steroids are horrible. They were the worst part of chemo for me. Unfortunately, they ae necessary and only work in large doses. They do alot more than you think. You may not be able to cut down on them. Hang in there. Will be lighting candles for you tomorrow in church.

    Angelique

    ReplyDelete