Monday, May 31, 2010

May 31st, Happy Memorial Day

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. I did. Riley and I visited our friends at their camp over the weekend and we had a blast! Great weather, food, canoeing and great company. Doesn't get any better than that! But, It is almost sad to have these few "normal" days in between because it reminds me of what I am missing.

Now, have I mentioned how much I hate f*%king chemo??? I can't sleep tonight knowing what I am headed into tomorrow! I hate the night before almost as much as the day of. I really feel like I am walking a plank and tomorrow I will be the scared little puppy being dragged to the vet/oncology office in the morning. I am now experiencing what they call "anticipatory nausea", which means I get sick just going into to the office. After I am home from chemo, I have flu symptoms for days, coupled with severe nausea and the only recourse is to go back into the office for more meds, which makes me even sicker (remember anticipatory nausea), so around and around it goes.

Only thing keeping me going is that I only have three left!!! But even three at this point seems like a mountain to climb. Each treatment gets harder and I hope my body can withstand the last 3.

I better end this post I am getting nauseous just typing about it.

2 comments:

  1. Don't be sad, just think of it as a reminder of why you are fighting so hard. Because ( by the time you read this) you will be 10 down two to go and very soon you will be back to enjoying many many more normal days, but now you will have a new appreciation for how strong you are and how precious your life is. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better but there isn't. I am sure you have already realized that you are not only fighting this cancer for you but for all who love you. You have been extremely courageous and you are fighting a good fight, probably making those who love you, love you more. Two more to go. You are almost there. You will make it.

    Angelique

    ReplyDelete