Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17th, yes the results are in, but I have something to say first!

The results were good, but I have something else I've been wanting to say. The amazing thing about such a shitty diagnosis is, I feel it truly brings out the best in already wonderful people. I need to thank all of you for being so supportive of me. I already knew I had great friends and family, but your compassion and love has been phenomenal.

To my work friends -You are, like I've always said, my second family. Thank you for all of your prayers, cards and well wishes. I feel very loved and appreciated. Also, I know it must be tough not having me there and I never once have felt pressure from any of you to "get back to work". Thank you for that. I love you all dearly and I think we will all be so much closer having gone through this. I can't wait to get back into my routine in the office. Believe it or not, I am actually missing the work too! I love been busy and challenged so I can't wait to resume my daily life.

To my cancer survivor friends - Wow, just wow! You people are astounding. I also feel like we are family, even though we have not known each other long, because of the connection we share. You have all provided me with so much inspiration and hope! I don't know that I would be able to make it through this without you. The connection that cancer survivors share is a bond like no other.

To my close friends and family - I always knew I had the best family, both immediate and extended, but now I truly appreciate each and everyone of you more then I can express in words. It's the little things you do for me that matter more than you know. My mom and husband have been extremely helpful with Riley, and because of this, he has not had to miss out on anything even with his mom being sick. My stepfather is very supportive and always tells me to keep my chin up, and when he tells me I am going to be fine, he means it and I believe it! My stepsister is an oncology nurse (need I say more?)! She is always there to answer a question for me and in the beginning, she hooked me up with all the best doctors so I didn't have to do a thing. Also, my family in other parts of the country have always been there for me to chat with and run things by. They even don't mind just listening to me cry if I need to. I feel so blessed to have prayers being said for me from all over the place!

I think that the emotional support you get as a cancer patient is JUST as important as the medical support from your doctor. And that's why once I beat this thing, it is a victory I will attribute to you and the doctors both.

Sorry for the mushy-gushy post, hopefully you don't get cavities. But I meant every word of it.

I Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Sending lots of love your way from Vermont. So glad to have met you, even if it's under bad circumstances! Jen

    ReplyDelete