Friday, June 4, 2010

June 1st - Chemo #10

Sorry for the delay in posting about my latest chemo. I have been really really sick this time around, so I haven't felt like talking/writing about it. Had the chemo Tuesday morning and by Tuesday night I was already feeling nauseous. Went back in to the doctor's office on Wednesday for Neulasta and more stomach meds (didn't do a lot of good). So I am just trying to ride it out, constantly reminding myself that I only have to go through this two more times.

In fact, I am so close to the end of my "Chemo days" that I am now on to worrying about the next step, radiation. The doc still hasn't said one way or another on it. But I have worries about having it and worries about not having it.

So here's the plan as I understand it. I have my two more ABVD chemo treatments, the last one being on June 29th. Then I have to wait a month before having my PET Scan, which will hopefully be clean and basically mean I am in remission. And it is at that point that a decision needs to be made about radiation.

In the mean time, I think I will read up on radiation a bit. I need to understand the risks vs benefits, so when the time comes to have that discussion with my doctor, I will know what I am talking about.

1 comment:

  1. I did a lot of fact-gathering on radiation too when I was deciding whether or not to have it... let me know if you want to talk about it or use me as a sounding board!

    One foot in front of the other, you're allllllmost there now!

    ReplyDelete