Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 9th - Having cancer is such a pain in the @ss (or back?)

Nausea is gone until next time, YAY! But the back pain and fatigue are killing me. I am wearing out my heating pads big time. I have one on the couch downstairs and one in the bedroom. I recently had to replace the couch one, because my "Cujo" rat terrier decided to eat it. At least it's cooler this week. I don't have central air and it sucked to lay on a heating pad all day in 90 degree heat! But the worse thing is driving. Must have something to do with the way the seats are made in my car. When I'm the passenger it's fine. I can squirm around or curl up in a ball and take the pressure off it, but when you're driving that's not advisable.

The fatigue is bad too. Long gone are the days I could spend hours shopping at the mall. I barely have the energy to run to Stewart's for milk. Seriously, as much as I used to hate grocery shopping, I truly despise it now. I am becoming a hermit. I try to leave the house as little as possible. I would say that my wallet is appreciating the break from shopping, but it really isn't experiencing any relief, due to my addiction to Amazon and Ebay. And I only have to leave my heating pad for a second to open the door for UPS. Not to mention the added medical bills. I really don't know what people do without insurance.

So my back hurts and I am totally exhausted and I have to drive to the doctor's office for blood work. : ( It is such a pain the @ss. Drive 30 minutes and fight the biggest construction zone in the capital district, to be stuck with a needle and told my red blood cell count is low, which obviously, I am well aware of given the level of fatigue I am feeling. Arrrgggg!

Ooops, I gotta go, UPS is at the door. And I'm done ranting now, thanks for listening, or reading. Only two more chemos to go! And then I promise, I will never complain about anything, ever again. (Please don't hold me to that, but seriously, I will do my best.)

No comments:

Post a Comment