Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 15th - Chemo #11 (one more to go!)

Wow, this one really kicked my ass this time! Even though mentally I am persevering, my body is screaming that it has had enough. I came home yesterday after chemo and I was so fatigued I literally couldn't get out of bed for hours. I barely had the strength to roll over. When I finally did get up, I felt like my arms and legs were weights. Then on top of all that, I later got complete neuropathy in both hands and arms (which basically feels like numbness, but with a dull achy feeling.) It was horrible, I think I slept a total of 3 hours last night. I'm doing better today thankfully. Just the usual stomach problems and flu like symptoms.

During my appointment, I tried to discuss with my doctor about the elephant in the room (radiation), but she won't discuss it with me until after my final PET scan. She did say I am a "boarder-line" case and because of this I have a feeling she will ultimately let me decide.

My doc is on vacation in 2 weeks, so it looks like I will be going for my final chemo on Monday June 28th. Apparently I am doing so well they are going to do my final chemo without a doctor exam first!

June 28th will be like Christmas morning! Because after every miserable moment that passes that day, I know it will only get better for good this time. : )

2 comments:

  1. One more to go Jessica. You have almost arrived. Take advantage of the fatigue. I wish I had an excuse to rest. You will be enjoying the warmer weather before you know it. You are doing great.

    Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost there Jess,
    You are in the final stretch with the Finish Line in sight. As you said, after the next treatment, you will just be feeling better and better with each passing day. Before you know it you will be back to work with all of us, who miss you terribly. Hang in there.
    LOve Tasia

    ReplyDelete