Monday, March 22, 2010

March 22nd - Chemo #5 and CT results

Really quick post, just to update you as promised. I got my CT scan results, the mass in my chest is about 50 percent its original size and my neck seems to be clear of cancer completely! All good news and just what the doctor was hoping for. The mass in my chest may never disappear totally. In many people with Lymphoma, the larger mass just shrinks and the cancer cells die. Basically, it is just benign scar tissue left behind. When I am done with all my treatment and in remission, they will do PET scans periodically to be sure that there is no activity.

But all this cancer fighting comes does not come easily and my stomach is already starting to act up, so I am going to take some meds and try to nap!

4 comments:

  1. Happy to hear good news for a change! So you see, as hard as this may be, it is working. I hope to see you on March 31st when Patty and I are in town. I hope you are feeling better by then. I can't wait to give you a big hug!
    Love,
    Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news!! Thanks for letting us know. I am so glad you were able to hear something positive. I know it doesn't make things easier, but at least you can see that the treatments are working. Hang in there, Jessica, you are getting there.

    Always thinking of you!
    Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of love and well wishes, Jess! So happy to hear about your progress. Thinking of you. -Elana

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news Jess. I think about you daily and you are in my prayers. Tasia

    ReplyDelete