Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March 10th - My 29th Birthday

Not a lot to celebrate today.

I hate to report that the new anti-nausea regimen the doc tried on me is not working, in fact I am sicker now then ever. They gave me a new drug during chemo called kytril which is supposed to be great and last 24 hours. Well it only lasted about 10 for me and then I was up all night Monday night into Tuesday extremely sick to my stomach. And of course I couldn't sleep because of all the steroids they give me during chemo.

So I went back to the doctor's yesterday as planned and they gave me Aloxi, another "great" anti-nausea drug and more steroids. I did get immediate relief from it and I was told the Aloxi would last 3 days! Liar, liar, pants on fire! Well it did manage to control my nausea until about 5 am this morning. Now I am extremely nauseous, despite taking my 3 anti-nausea pills, Emend, Zopran, and Ativan. And on top of feeling extremely sick to my stomach, I'm having horrible hot flashes and my face is as red as a lobster, thanks to all of the iv steroids.

I really think they should come up with a way to put you in hibernation during your period of chemo so you don't have to experience these things. In the mean time, I am still fighting! I keep telling myself it will be worth it in the long run. In about 4 months from now, I should be in remission and able to declare myself a cancer survivor. I will do my celebrating then.

3 comments:

  1. I know you're not feeling well today but I just wanted to let you know that I'm glad I am able to wish you a very Happy 29th Birthday!

    Hope to see you back at work soon. Take care and try to eat some cake.

    Patty D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell you what - we'll ALL celebrate your birthday when this is over! Hang in there, deep breath your way through the worst of it. If we could share the discomfort we would, but all we can do is push hard for you to keep going. Julianne (P.S. - i may just celebrate your birthday anyway ...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!

    You just can't get a break! I do not have much to say to make you feel better other than you are my hero for putting up with this. I think nausea is the worst. I think it is great when you say you are still fighting and know there is an end to this when you are going through so much.

    Just get through the day Jessica and try to keep your fluid level up. You are tough and you are going to get through this!!

    Angelique

    ReplyDelete