Sunday, March 21, 2010

March 21st - Chemo tomorrow (again already?)

Hi guys, sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. I haven't really felt motivated to write. As I had mentioned in my last post, my past chemo treatment was hell and I have been kinda feeling down. I finally got over the extreme nausea early last week. But I had really bad kidney pain after that. I haven't really had much a break from it all. I started to finally feel better Thursday and I have been trying to do as much as possible this weekend, as it is all down hill again tomorrow. : (

I don't think I have mentioned the kidney pain I have been experiencing on the blog yet so for those of you who don't know, let me fill you in. Pretty much since my first chemo, I have been experiencing pain midway down my back on both the right and left hand sides. Because of the location, it is assumed that it is my kidneys. The pain started off being very mild, but with each chemo treatment it seems to get worse. The doctor isn't sure what is going on. My kidney function is fine according to my blood work and none of the drugs I am on are supposed to cause such a side effect. Apparently this is not a common problem. So the doctors and nurses have offered all different theories, kidney infection, kidney stones, kidney spasms? (that's a new one, didn't know the kidneys could spasm.) They haven't seemed too concerned about it. But they're not the ones dealing with the constant pain!

I had a CT scan on Tuesday. They took pictures of my neck, chest and abdomen (kidneys). This was just a progress check to see what the cancer is up to, but the doc decided to check the kidneys out at the same time. I am super anxious to find out tomorrow the results of the scan.

I'll be sure to share the results, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica,

    I have been thinking about you and had a feeling you were not feeling well. At least this past weekend was a good time to feel better with the nice weather. You really are getting hit wth so many side effects and I am sure it is hard to be positive. Your strength is really being tested and you are hanging in there pretty well. You already had some good results from the last x-ray and hoping this continues with your CT scan. Good luck today.

    Angelique

    ReplyDelete