Saturday, December 11, 2010

December 11th - Finished GND chemo

Had my last chemo on Monday. It's been a difficult week. I think these doctors have it down to a science. They give you exactly the amount of chemo that your body can withstand, no more no less. Let's hope that it was too much for the tumors though and they are GONE.

Sloan-Kettering made another mistake (shocking, right?) and forgot to schedule me with a radiation-oncologist and didn't realize it until I called them to question it on Thursday. So they had to squeeze me in and because I need to see him before my transplant doctor, all my dates had to be moved around. So now instead of going the 22nd and 23rd, I now go for the scan on the 19th (a Sunday!) and appointments on the 20th. It's a pain in the ass cause it's Christmas time and I have to change reservations at the hotel and my husband works in retail and has to change his days off at the busiest time of the year. What makes me the most upset is that I know if I hadn't called them, they wouldn't have realized the problem until I was down there and then my transplant would have been really delayed.

For right now, I'm trying to take it easy and rest as much as possible. Thank God for online shopping. I'm feeling very fatigued and I would guess I'm anemic and might need another blood transfusion. I have CBCs again on Monday so we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica-
    I just wanted to let you know that you have been and will be in our prayers. Hopefully you will get good news next week. I can understand that you are upset with the doctors for the inconsistencies and it is good that you are staying alert and proactive. Best wishes and God's blessing -
    Anette (Sandy's mom)

    ReplyDelete