Friday, October 1, 2010

Oct 1st - Done with augmented MICE

I was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon after a whole lotta chemo. I'm feeling very tired and am sore from where they put the catheter in my neck. I am also considerably more nauseous this time. My cell phone is still broken so I am feeling really bummed about that. Right now I am staying in an apartment with my aunt.

Before they let me leave they gave me a calendar with all of my upcoming appointments on it. Many tests and appointments before I can go home to Albany. Hoping to be home around the 11th or 12th.

This morning I began giving myself the daily injections I need to boost my cell growth. My first collection day will be on Thursday. They will hook me up to a machine that will filter stem cells from my blood to preserve them for later transplantation.

I have a visiting nurse coming in Monday morning to show me and my aunt how to properly clean and change the dressing on the cathether for my vein. I also have to lean how to flush it, which freaks me out. Sorry if I'm grossing you out with all of this.

I can't believe how much I have already put my body through and how my heart continues beat amazes me.

4 comments:

  1. I just want to thank You for this blog.

    It helps me so much to understand people with different illnesses and help them to go through hard times.

    Thank You so much. I wish you all the best from the very bottom of my heart.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Jessica....it is amazing that our bodies are so resilient...so is the human spirit...lay in bed at night and dream of your dreams...it always helps me to think of what I can do next with my girls and husband. if they offer you meds to feel a little better emotionally - TAKE THEM! Thinking of you and knowing your strong will body will prevail...you'll be home soon thinking of your hair growing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey : ) I Don't know you and you don't know me.. But I think you're very courageous! even if sometimes you feel weak, remember people who don't know you are rooting for you to kick this thing's ass! Think of the good things even though you've been given the bad right now.. Stay hopeful because at the end it's what we all can hold on to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessica I'm glad you are discharged from the hospital and while you to continue taking medication at least you're home even if your aunt I hope everything goes well and within a few days already be in Albany for the meantime receives greetings and you already know is the moment to fight..to figt...to fight! Marshugs!

    ReplyDelete