Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April 7th - All right Neulasta, work your magic!

I went back today for my Neulasta injection, and I must say, those shots are not enjoyable. They sting quite a bit. Similar to a tetanus shot. But now I just have to bide my time till it kicks in. Given the nice weather, I decided to quarantine myself to my back yard instead of my bedroom. So my plans were, after I got my Neulasta I was going to come home and sit in the back yard with a book and relax. Not feeling too bad today, just my typical day after chemo weakness and fatigue.

However, nurse Ratched had different plans for me. She said I look dehydrated and that it was in my chart to give me iv fluids and anti nausea meds (including more steroids) today! For those of you not experienced in these types of things, that would mean me trapped in the chemo room, hooked up to an iv for at least a couple of hours! No thank you! I am only slightly nauseous and I have pills I can take if it gets too bad. And there is nooo way I am dehydrated, I drink so much water, I might as well have an office set up in my bathroom. Plus, more iv steroids means not sleeping, hot flashes and other fun side effects for the next couple days.

I walked right on out of there. What can I say, I'm a rebel.

No comments:

Post a Comment