Wednesday, April 21, 2010

April 19th - 7th chemo and a very sad week

I had my 7th chemo on Monday, went fine, no surprises. My white blood count was fine thanks to the Neulasta. Lots of stomach problems since then, but no surprise there.

Unfortunately, I had some very sad news this past weekend. On Saturday, my beloved grandfather passed away at the age of 84 at his home in Florida. He was my last surviving grandparent. His health took a very quick turn, and there was not much time to say "goodbye". I miss him dearly, and wish I could have been at the service yesterday. He was truly an amazing man and a hard worker. He spent his whole life serving his community in so many different ways. He was a veteran, a police officer, a firefighter and head of security in the gated community he lived in. He never stopped helping people, and he always did it with a smile on his face. My grandfather always appreciated family and loved us all dearly, especially my grandmother who passed about 2 years before him.

He was very concerned about my health in the past few months and I really wish he could have seen me beat this!




I love you Grandpa Pat! XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Jess,
    So sorry to hear about your Grandfather, I know how much he meant to you. He is again together with the love of his life, and you have yet another guardian angel to watch over you to help you beat this. Glad to hear your white blood count was better - that was some good news in an otherwise sad time. You are in my prayers, and we miss you terribly at work. Just think - half way done with the treatments and that much closer to resuming your "healthy" life. Take Care and Keep posting so we know what is going on.
    Love Tasia

    ReplyDelete