Thursday, April 29, 2010

April 28th-ish? It's after midnight so I guess its the 29th

Crazy exhausted, but I just can't sleep. I would love to be able to blame it on the chemo, but I have had many nights like this long before my cancer diagnosis. Although, the steroids I am on can't be helping.

The days just seem to mush together. I rarely leave the house anymore, because the fatigue that comes after just doing the most mundane tasks isn't worth it. And if it isn't the fatigue it's the back pain that seems to never relent. It seriously takes such a tremendous effort just to get up and get out of the house most days. Grocery shopping has become my arch-nemesis. It's a good thing my kid loves hamburger helper and spaghetti! The good news is my complexion is at it's very best, as I only put make up on once a week, if that.

I look back at my life just a few months ago and wonder, "How did I do all that at once?" Raising a family, working, spending time with friends, working out, shopping and I still had time for fun every now and then.

I hope soon to get back to that, back to my life. I really miss it.

1 comment:

  1. And we miss you!! I'm just hoping that you are taking the best possible care of yourself while you are healing and I hope the time goes just as fast as it can until you are cured.

    ReplyDelete