Saturday, August 28, 2010

August 26th - New biopsy

I went in Thursday morning for my second biopsy. The surgeon went for the same spot as he did last time, the base of my neck. Hopefully he got a good enough sample for the pathology to be done. Unfortunately the effected node he had to remove this time was a little deeper in my neck then the last one, but since it was in the same area, he was able to make the incision at the same place. So I won't have another scar. Recovery hasn't been as easy as the last time. I developed a fever along with swelling and redness on my chest Friday morning and spent most of last night in the ER getting it checked out. They are guessing that I have a very slight infection and put me on some antibiotics. Im much better already, the fever is gone as well as most of the redness and swelling.

My next appointment is Sept 3rd with my local oncologist. Assuming the pathology come back as expected on the biopsy we will set up a treatment schedule. I imagine my first round of the new chemo will begin Sept 8 or 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment